Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I ain't no wise man

"When I Was One-and-Twenty"


When I was one-and-twenty
    I heard a wise man say,
"Give crowns and pounds and guineas
    But not your heart away;
Give pearls away and rubies
    But keep your fancy free."
But I was one-and-twenty,
    No use to talk to me.


When I was one-and-twenty
    I heard him say again,
"The heart out of the bosom
    Was never given in vain;
'Tis paid with sighs a plenty
    And sold for endless rue."
And I am two-and-twenty,
    And oh, 'tis true, 'tis true.


-- A E Housman



This is me with the diploma that was sent to me in the mail a couple weeks ago. Inside is what we are told is a representation of what I have learned up to now. If I could take out my heart and show what I have really learned, it would be much more impressive. I am now going to go write a horrid pop song using that last sentence as the chorus lyrics. Peace. 

No comments: