Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Freely Speaking

I was asking for a phone number from my mom. She said she would text it to me. It is kind of an important situation and I needed the number.
Five minutes later I received a text from mom.
Oh, the number, I thought to myself.
No.
A picture of her dog, wearing a floral dress, poised on a quilted bed with lace curtains in the background.

Me: That's not the phone number.
Mom: Ops (she means oops)
Me: Ya, so can you please give me the number now?
Mom: Next time.
Me: Ok, but soon please.
Mom: I love you.
Me: I love you too mom.
Mom: I think my dog is having a baby.
Me: Oh, what an adventure.
Mom: Thats nothing comparing to others advtr. Baby (her dog's name) is sweet girl i mean dog

Anyone else frustrated? I AM. I'm also laughing.


So, after hours of no other contact, I call her and leave a message to please give me the number.
She calls me back later.
Me: Hey, can I have the number now? Or ever?
Mom: You need to grow up and do something. You let the legal system just run your family's life. They just do what they want to and you let them. Why don't you ever do anything to fix this?!
Me: That's why I'm asking you for this number, to do something.
Mom: You know, you have freedom of speech! Do you know what that is?
Me: Yes, I've heard of it.
Mom: We live in America. You need to use your freedom of speech. And you aren't doing anything. You like the legal, huh.
Me: (as confused as you are at this moment) Ok then, tell me, exactly, what is it that you want me to do.
Mom: People in the legal, they think they can do whatever they want to us. They are bad. Use your freedom of speech. Grow up. You need to now these things. Grow up.
Me: Yes, ok. So, tell me specifically what you would like me to do, since I apparently don't do anything. Please, just tell me and I'll do it.
Mom: You aren't ready.

Then she hung up.

Again, so frustrated that I'm laughing.
Hey legal system, I have someone that I would like to take off the "Can use freedom of speech" list. Oh, that doesn't exist? Fine, I'm going to use my American ness rights to make my own list. And it will affect things to no end. Because I'm a grown up. Down with the legal!


And I still don't have that number.

2 comments:

Selena said...

oh man...that is so frustrating!

But seriously, did you really think that she'd give you the number? YOU'RE NOT READY!!!

You won't get that number until you...take over...the legal system...?

And use your freedom of speech for heaven's sake!

wut.

andy said...

what a brilliant brilliant night.
It was unlike any other.
the best.