Wednesday, July 28, 2010

mmmk mommykins

My mother called me today, after texting five pictures of her puppy.
At some point in the conversation this happend:

mom- Emy, can you send me your resume?
me- No I will not, but why?
mom- So I can get you a job out here. (Texas)
me- Firstly, if I was moving out there and needing a job, you could tell me where I could, myself, send my resume. Second, I'm in college still, it starts up again soon, and I am going to go do that, you know, go to school, in Utah. Third, I never want to live in Texas.
mom- Oh ok ok. So you graduate soon?
me- yes, very soon.
mom- What are you getting a degree in?
me- Really? I've told you about every month for four years what my major is.
mom- Math right? It's not (disgusted) teaching is it?
me- No Mom. English. I am getting a degree in English. I study literature and writing.
mom- Oh Emy, remember, you are so smart, it should be math or scientist.
me- Thanks mom, I'll think about it.

1 comment:

natalie. said...

i would like to get my degree in scientist.
i think i'd be pretty good at it.
also, it might involve some good sweater vestage.