Thursday, July 8, 2010

What's that you say?

I went with my family to see fireworks on Sunday night. It was a perfectly warm Hawaiian evening and fireworks pretty much excite me to no end so I loved it. I enjoyed my family as well. In so many ways it is getting easier and easier to do just that. Maybe I'm just maturing and have an increased ability to love or something. Eh.

Some snippets of joy from the evening:


Rosie: (during firework show) I'm bored, why don't they make cooler fireworks.
Me: These ARE cool! They light up the sky, they are shiny and sparkly, they make loud exploding noises, there are ones shaped like flowers, some that split off into fizzy ones, and they are colorful! There is accompanying music, you are drinking mountain dew. And you're bored?!
Dad: It's called chronic malcontentedness. It's a disease.
Rosie: Aw man, I'm just full of diseases then!

PJ: There are three things I fear in this world - Obama, Osama, and Yo Mama!

My family can be such a hoot, really.
Oh blessed independence.

No comments: